1. I trained and worked as a Speech Pathologist for 15+ years in the area of Trauma rehabilitation. I am passionate about communication & inclusiveness and continue to advocate strongly for people with communication disability in my current role at Barwon Health.
2. I adore dogs and would rescue them all if I could.
3. I spent 4 years travelling to the Fitzroy studio of Adriane Strampp to paint under her tutelage before branching out on my own, but other than that have no formal art training.
4. I have ‘grapheme – colour’ synaesthesia meaning all of my numbers and letters have intrinsic colour – an interesting but never-the-less useless throw back to earlier evolutionary times!
5. Favourite artists include – Sarah Adams (Cornish artist), Fred Williams, Sidney Long, William Delafield Cook, Laura Jones, Phillip Wolfhagen, Chris Langlois, Mark Cairns, Kathryn Ryan, Adriane Strampp, Graeme Altman…..and many indigenous artists.
6. I have three girls Mietta, Scout and Harriet
7. I have a certificate in Landscape gardening and before painting took over my life I spent vast amounts of time in my three acre (now half wild) garden.
8. I love to read and have just finished ‘Archipelago of souls’ by Gregory Day which was just as fantastic if not more so than his other wonderful books.
9. I am full of ideas about many things but am mostly completely bereft of ideas for what to have for tea
10. If I could own any animal in the world it would be an iguana
11. I don’t have any tattoo’s but would trade something for one of Miso’s hand drawn beauties.
12. I can’t stand the fact that so many people misuse “your” and “you’re”!
13. I am overwhelmed with sadness at the position our country is taking on asylum seekers but am fighting the feelings of helplessness and looking for opportunities to make some difference.
14. I have a strong faith in God but have very limited tolerance for organised religion.
15. The thing that drives me most is learning – when I stop wanting to learn I will be ready to push up daisy’s.