1. What’s your favourite thing to do on a sunny summer day?
I do very much enjoy the beach on a summers day, but I’m also quite content to go for a stroll around my local area, taking my time with the op-shops and cafes.
2. Does your art practice/routine vary over this time of year?
It’s a funny time of year for an artist. On one hand I technically have more time as I have a break from my day job, but on the other hand there seems to be even less time for the studio with all the socialising that comes with summer holidays. So I guess it balances out, my routine is just jumbled up a bit. It’s different.
3. Who or what is your current inspiration for you?
I listen to a lot of podcasts, one that has really worked its way into my recent musing is called The End Of The World With Josh Clark. It’s not as dismal as you might think! I’ve also been looking into the 1920’s costumes and performances of Oskar Schlemmer and the Tradische Ballet.
4. Anything exciting on the horizon for 2019?
Moving studio! And planning on extending the Theia series into some larger scale pieces. Maybe.
5. What’s your favourite refreshing treat on a hot summers day?
Iced coconut-water coffee!
We asked Belinda for a recent photo she took during her summer: